2. Do you require the involvement of any of the following stakeholders?
If so, describe the nature of their involvement. If they are not involved, write N/A.
3. Do you require access to confidential data from the Directorate?
If so, describe the data you wish to gain access to, and its importance and relevance to your research project.
1. In what ways is your research question relevant in the Tamil Nadu context?
2. How will the research project contribute to the well-being of school children in Tamil Nadu?
3. How will the research project contribute to either the academic literature or general knowledge creation that will be useful to people in other contexts? E.Anticipated Risks
1. Is there a risk that the research project will negatively affect student learning? If so, what steps will you take to minimize this risk?
2. Is there a risk that the research project will cause offense or distress to either students, teachers, parents, or officers? If so, what steps will you take to minimize this risk? F.Anticipated Risks
1. If applicable, explain your process for obtaining consent from research participants.
2. Attach any forms or scripts you will use during the consenting process. G.Endorsements
Preference will be given to proposals that include written endorsements from stakeholders in the Tamil Nadu government school system. These stakeholders include: 1) parents of children studying in government schools in Tamil Nadu; 2) teachers or headmasters in government schools in Tamil Nadu; 3) other staff at the local school level (e.g. mid-day meal cooks); and 4) officers in the Directorate of School Education. The endorsement should take the form of a letter written to the Commissioner of School Education by the person making the endorsement. The endorsement letter should include the endorser’s name, mobile number, signature, and their connection to Tamil Nadu government schools. Endorsements from multiple people can be combined into a single letter. In case the endorser is not literate, the researcher may aid the endorser in writing the letter.